The Christmas festivities are well and truly in full swing. Every attempt to stop yourself from reaching for the latest sweet treat is met by, 'BUT it is Christmas', and no truer words have ever been spoken. Christmas is the time for indulging, kicking back and revelling in the fairy lights and having a glass of mulled wine or two. Whether you've got a bag of Christmas Pudding Fudge saved up for the big day or some of our classic Madagascan Vanilla Fudge, here's how you can enjoy it in more ways than one over the holidays.
1. Sometimes it's the simple things. Grab a few fudge squares of your favourite flavour, curl up by the fire, switch the Christmas films on and indulge. If that's not heaven, we don't know what is.
2. Forget the cheese board, it's all about the fudge board. Create a dessert platter with a difference for your Christmas buffet or 'afters'. Cut a variety of fudge flavours up so people can easily try them all, add some honeycomb to complement the flavours and add some fresh berries to the mix. Think strawberries and raspberries, the perfect accompaniment to cleanse and clear the palette. Give it a try!
3. Just do the old fashioned thing, get the fudge out and let everyone dig in. It's the new after eight treat, the treat that you don't need much of to feel like you've had something. We can't guarantee it will last that way for long though!
4. Create a winter warmer hot chocolate. 'Tis the season for hot chocolates, add cream, marshmallows, all the trimmings and grate or crumble a bit of fudge on top for the sweetest, creamiest hot chocolate yet.
5. Make table favours. Whether you're seating a lot of people on Christmas day or just a few, it's the little touches that count. Buy some little bags or boxes and fill with a few squares of fudge, tie neatly with a bow or ribbon. Place the little bags of fudgey goodness next to the place settings. They can then be enjoyed on the day or at a later date.
6. Give it as a gift! Our range of fudge flavours all come beautifully packaged, this makes them the perfect present. Or purchase our bulk loose fudge cubes and section them off into your own individual bags for the sweetest gifts.
7. Leave it out for Father Christmas. Who said he only likes mince pies? We're sure it will go down a treat on Christmas Eve.
8. Make a cake! Hosting a Christmas buffet or have some New Year plans? Create a fudgey cake of dreams, with a fudge filling and squares on top, or grated fudge. Calories don't count over Christmas, right?
9. Your mid morning pick me up with coffee. The coffee/fudge combo works like a dream, the perfect sweet hit you need in the morning to a) face the sales shopping b) eat more food or c) actually attempt to go out of the house. It's a win, win!
How will you be enjoying our fudge over Christmas? From the team at The Devon Fudge Company, we'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Catch us over on Facebook, Twitter, Google + & Instagram for our latest news, lots of delicious fudge and some competitions too!