We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with these terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is Devon Fudge Company. Vertical Plus is our processing agent.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication.
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• IP addresses - We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit our agents to use your data, to provide you with goods or services that you have ordered through the Website or to provide you with information about our goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about our goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Your personal information will not be shared with third party organisations or used by us to market third party goods or services.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymous information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Please review the privacy and contact options on the [order] section of the Website or contact us if you wish to change your preferences. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee as prescribed by the Act to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.